Would Great Content find traffic automatically?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by shabbir, Sep 8, 2009.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

One of the myth when I discuss with many webmasters is they prefer to write good content and tend to think Google would give them good traffic and readers but actually this is not true. No doubt Google does tend to rank the content well but the only factor to rank your content is not the quality of the content but there are many other major factors like how is the competition in the topic you have written about and what is the quality of other articles which already tend to rank well. Content is King is true but you cannot ignore the competition when you are in Era of competitive global market.

I would give an example from SEO Forum about Search Engine Optimization FAQ's which is a sticky thread and its one of the best composed FAQ's for SEO but it never got ranked in Google. Search yourself for terms like SEO FAQ's or Search Engine Optimization FAQ's and you would not see Go4Expert in first 10 pages in Google.

Does this mean that the content is not good enough to rank. Probably comments would tell you the answer to this but then the main reason for it not ranking well in Google is because its too competitive market when it comes to SEO and so to rank any content well in SEO market needs lots of work. So should we give up on this depends on your conviction but I would definitely Not. See how well Go4Expert Ranks for SEO Forum. Not on the first page but close to 3rd page.

The point I was making is if its competitive niche you would not survive only with good content but you would need to market it as well. I visit many members signature links and see this issues very common and so this may be something to think about.

2. Izaan

Izaan New Member

I do agree with you on this and if all good things would have ranked on top organically Google would not have made billions in PPC

3. mayjune

mayjune New Member

Student
    Its like there are so many guys and girls who got a good face and acting skills to be actors, but they do need that network, contacts, promote themselves and a little bit of luck to become the number 1 actor!
    Obviously acting skills (content) is most important, but acting alone sometimes may not be enough to be famous!

4. shabbir

Nice Analogy

5. seopeter

seopeter New Member

yup.....for example on SEO keywords, many companies are trying to rank and write fresh content daily in blogs....but only top ones comes in top and even google seo guidelines url is behind

6. shabbir

Very True.

7. shabbir

8. shabbir

9. kean

kean New Member

Great idea!

10. technica

technica New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.technicaltalk.net
    Have you tried getting some backlinks for those two sticky threads?

May be after that they will rank in good position.

11. shabbir

Some would not do as the market is too competitive.

12. eightlives

eightlives New Member

Student, Webmaster
    I don't know honestly, it should be that way but isn's always. There are websites I visit often that have crap content, copied from other websites or Wiki or whatever and they have higher google rankings or whatnot then a great site with original admin/staff written content. I think it depends on the user groups and many other factors

13. sijugk

sijugk New Member

Home Page:
    https://amluletreleaf.wordpress.com/
    I do understand you point but we should not neglect the importance of content. Even Google recommend to have good content on your website to attract more organic links. It is our duty to promote our quality content over social network sites and get attention from other users. If the content is good we will get links from them or else we lost.

14. William9

William9 Member

Home Page:
    http://www.host.co.in/
    Content is a factor which matters more for Search engine spiders but not for an automatic traffic. But yes if you are writing some interesting stuff then yes people will do some viral marketing of your written material.