Tips to increase your site traffic / visitors / hits

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Alex1239, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Alex1239

Alex1239 New Member

Student
    Home Page:
    http://techotips.com
    I found a voracious craze among all bloggers to increase their site traffic. Many bloggers succeed, but some of them do have problems. Even succeeded bloggers are always in search of new trick to increase their traffic and visitors.

Site visitors are core part for any site to become successful. So, i thought of writing an article on hottest topic in bloggers…Tips to increase site visitors and traffic. I will inform you 6 tricks and i am sure that if you implement them, you will see a dramatic rise in your site traffic.

So lets start…

Tips to increase site traffic/visitor:

1. Use of meta tags:

Meta tags help in almost doubling your site traffic….its my personal experience. For example, suppose, you are just a new blogger and receiving almost 300 hits/ visitors per day without use of meta tags…then after use of meta tags, you’ll receive your daily visitors around 550-600. No joking, its my personal experience. The two things to be followed in using meta tags are:
      1. Meta tags content should be most relevant to your site and
      2. Meta tags should contain popular keywords which will drive heavy traffic to your site.
      If you are using meta tags, but not receiving good traffic, then dude, just recheck your meta tag content and optimize it as explained above.

2. Use of approapriate keywords:

If you want to receive good amount of traffic/visitors from search engines, then you should have good search position in search engine results possibly in 1-20 positions. For this, use of meta tags alongwith good concentration of keywords in articles is necessary. This concentration of keywords should be optimum as overuse may lead to penalization by search engines as you are considered a spammer. You can use good “keyword detection tool” to know the approapriate keywords to be used. Even Google adwords perfectly serves this purpose.

Just find your proper keywords and then sprinkle these keywords in your article. Remember to add decent amount of keywords at start and end of article. This helps you in achieving good position in search engine results.

3. Submit articles to directories:

Submitting articles to directories help us in increasing site visitors/hits in two ways:
      a. First of all, we receive visitors from the directories itself ie if i submit my article to say ezine articles directory, then i am bound to receive visitors from “ezine articles”.
      b. The second reason is actually more important and that is Pagerank(PR). Articles submission helps in improving your site PR as it helps in increasing your pagerank. Larger the pagerank, larger the site traffic.

Here’s is a list of directories i use the most:
      Ezineartilces
      humsurfer.com
      indiasphere.net
      wikio.com
      tipd.com
      mixx.com

4. Social bookmarking:

Nowadays, every netizen is well approached with this term. I found many bloggers neglecting this social bookmarking. Infact, few days back, even i was one of them. Then i was asked one of my blogger friend to add social bookmarking widget to my blog. I added the widget and after a month, i received good traffic.

5. Feeds:

Feeds are actually meant for attracting traffic by just allowing them to read your articles or only titles and they’ll visit your site to read the full content. Also, feeds is popular medium to remind visitors of new articles. So ask your visitors to subscribe to your feeds or enter their email ids so that they never miss your articles and even u’ll keep receiving thier visits.

6. Title optimisation:

For my site Hacking N Cracking tips, i was having title “Ethical hacker”. In those days, i wasn’t receiving many hits. I used to wonder why i was not receiving good amount of visitors. Then i read an article about seo and decided to change my site title to “Hacking N Cracking Tips”. It was then, i got the desired traffic. So, title optimisation is essential. Also, take care that your blog/site title contains most popular keywords relevant to your site..

So friends, thats it. After you will implement on all these tricks, you will get the traffic you dream of. Remember, search engine optimisation is never ending process. But, it is necessary that you start well and in the right way to increase your site traffic/visitors. If you have any rare trick not mentioned in post, please share with all in comments section.

2. ProfAhmed

ProfAhmed New Member

many thanks

3. dsouza

dsouza New Member

thanks for your post, its really informative, i really learnt a lot from your post.

4. GaryD

GaryD New Member

Alex..I agree on the tags part, but the problem that many bloggers have..is they don't have a clue about the tags..or..how to go into their theme editor and change them. Most themes still come with hardly any tags whatsoever..I know..Ive seen a ton of them.

Just my opinion

Gary

5. mikecriss

mikecriss New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.printingblue.com
    wow great post .....believe me its all in one package from u ......its really helpful for those who are newbie in SEO ...like me as well ...

6. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

7. robrey471

robrey471 New Member

Nice post. Thanks for the tips mate!

8. Ricky Steve

Ricky Steve New Member

Hi

Thanks. Nice Information here.

9. yohan

yohan New Member

Aside from building links that you have mentioned above like article submissions and social bookmarking, you can generate traffic on your site by participate in some of these strategies as well like forum posting (link signature) just like what you are doing now; classified ads, press release, link exchange (relevant sites with higher PR value).. Just get quality of back links to get the right visitors coming on your site..

10. naimish

naimish New Member

Software Engineer
    I will say Forums are one of the best way to advertise ;) depends upon forum rules too.

11. rv12may

rv12may New Member

It's really a great information with fantastic tips.

12. David Michael

David Michael New Member

I also suggest social networking. . . its also good in getting traffics.

13. mindblaster

mindblaster New Member

nice post keep it

14. akanglil

akanglil New Member

Home Page:
    http://seobloggerinc.org/blog/astagacom-lifestyle-on-the-net.html
    thanks friends...
    keep sharing... im newbie

15. callyS

callyS New Member

Good read there, I think the top ways to drive traffic could be PPC marketing, SEO, forum marketing and article marketing. Its going to cost you time or money to drive traffic online. Sometimes both, depending on how you have your traffic strategy get up.

16. naimish

naimish New Member

Software Engineer
    PPC Marketing ?? I am using them as affilates programs ;)

17. Braydon

Braydon New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.smallbusinessinternetsecrets.net
    Hi,
    You should use keywords in such a way so that it will cover almost 5% of the content of your web page. You should use it within a range of 3% to 6%, neither more or less. If you are using keywords below this range, it doesn’t get indexed by web spiders and if more than this range is maintained it is considered as spam by web spiders.

The keywords which you provide should be there in the title of the detailing and also in the title of the web page. You should not put too much of keywords in the title of both content and web page.

18. Cedric

Cedric New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.inexpensiveexposure.com
    These are the first steps towards increasing web site traffic. These are actually not hard to do, especially if you really look forward to online business success. With all these pointers in mind, you will be able to save time, effort, and money as you increase traffic for your web site.

19. Bell

Bell New Member

I usually use forum posting and blog commenting to increase my traffic. It worked well. :D

20. babaabbas

babaabbas New Member

The best of all is Link Wheel,which s not mentioned here,i wish Alex had mentioned it.
    Anyway, nice post.

Thanks