My website idea - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by spikeycactus, Aug 4, 2008.

1. spikeycactus

spikeycactus New Member

Hello, ive been trying to think of a way to make money on the internet whilst im studying at college. the idea ive come up with is a search engine type website that lists affiliates. When somebody subscribes with the affiliate or buys something of their website, i usualy get a small percentage of the sale or a small amount of cash, say £4 or £5 depending on the affiliate.
    I could then give a percentage of what i earn back to the buyer who clicked on the affiliate, so say if i earn £5 from them, then they get £2.50 credited to their account, meaning i earn £2.50 and they benefit too. This would keep customers coming back and if they need to buy something, they might check my site first to see if they can get a small discount.

What do you think? The only problem i can see with it is detecting which user has made the subscription or purchase via the affiliate, because all i get is the money, no user I.P back.
    What do you think the affiliates would have to say about this , lol i dont know if something like this is allready available, or if the affiliates would get the hump.

Any ideas about the idea, or userfull scripts i could use?#
    Thanks!