Need a web meeting tool to for on a website...

Discussion in 'Programming' started by darksnake747, Jun 25, 2009.

1. darksnake747

darksnake747 New Member

Software Developer
    Home Page:
    http://www.evileyegames.com
    Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a good meeting tool to plug directly into a website. Currently, I am part of a team that uses a split service where a user can sign into the web piece or a client running Adobe Connect. However, as you all probably know, Adobe connect is a separate client and costs money which are both something that we are trying to eliminate, but we still need all of the features. I did some searching on the open source side of things and didn't find anything simple enough for what we want to do.

Ultimately, a user should go to the site, sign in, and have access to all the services and tools featured there... which includes: forums, document shares, schedules, and the web meeting rooms. Everything except the meeting rooms is covered. And even in the meeting rooms - the chat, attendee list, and message boards are taken care of. What I NEED is a module-like piece for screen sharing, remote desktop access (allowing the 1 member to control another members computer), a presentational whiteboard, and voice chat.

Now... personally... after my searches... I realize that this is not going to be an easily solved issue. If anyone could help me out... please - PLEASE - do so.

In case it is needed, I know C++, PHP, SQL, XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. This tool could be a Java based app as well. We don't care if the user needs to install something on their computer either, we just need this to work.

Any information will be apprecitated.

Sincerely,
    Snake