Web Dev Advice

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by ken3mx, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ken3mx

ken3mx New Member

Hey Webdev world,

I'm conducting some web development research for my internship, and I would love to know where to start since I'm clueless in all aspects of web development.

The company I'm interning at wants to know what their web development options are before they hire a company. They mentioned phpBB forums, WordPress blog w/ plug-ins, and more -- I felt dumb when I realized I never heard of most of what they mentioned.

The media director sent me these guidelines:
    Primary goal is to build community and to give people a place to go and interact on/through our website.

They can get information that we provide and share information between them.

We need to access/collect our users information - nothing crazy, just some basic demographic data

We need the information we provide to be categorical, searchable, sorted

We want users and their interactions to be category-specific

Need to be a member before you can access the info/community

Mind-mapping software should be integrated (low-priority for launch)

Need an central place where we can have guest contributors present their own information and interact with users

Analytics - need to measure user activity, demographic- and user group specific

Want to be able to conduct research, focus groups, feedback, and surveys

Support for media - video, images, sound, etc​

Thanks,

Ken3mx