Web Design Tricks and Tips

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by daworm, Dec 19, 2006.

1. daworm

daworm New Member

There are many aspects to designing an effective site. Whether you own a company and are looking for advertise, promote, and sell your products and services, or you just simply want to create a page that will tell others more about you, you want to be sure people will notice it. That is why effective Web Design is essential to the promotion of yourself, your product, and, of course, your site.

The first thing people are likely to notice when they visit your site is its appearance. It is a good idea to make sure the content is clear so there won't be any confusion about where to find information. That will save visitors time, and can mean the difference between their continuing to browse your site, or simply finding another like it. The following are some tips that will help you effectively design site, and can help promote you as well as what you have to offer.

Loading time is probably the most crucial aspect of web design. Just because you have a great looking web site does not mean others will see it if it takes a long time to load. The design you choose should be optimized for the web, and should generally take no more than 15 seconds to load. If the load time is longer than this, people are likely to click on another site instead. While pictures and sound can definitely make it appealing, they can take a while to load, so you don't want to have too many on the front end. The same goes for each individual page on your web site. If a particular page takes too long to load, the person perusing site may decide to go elsewhere for the information.

Abhishek rai likes this.
  2. rekha11

rekha11 New Member

For a good webdesigning make good plannings,Take the ideas from magzines,newspapers etc.for a good webdesining USer's also needs the Developing a theme for your web site,Text and background colors,Choosing background and foreground colors,Web page titles - The HTML TITLE tag,Web page headings and font styles,Creating seamless backgrounds,Beautiful seamless web page backgrounds
    etc.Web site peprations is mainly depends on the designer's ideas oe commensense

jaja and Abhishek rai like this.
  3. Dean-123

Dean-123 New Member

i can't agree more.actually today is client/customer oriented time,so a good website means service your customers in the best way.try to think what the customer is thinking

jaja likes this.
  4. Magena

Magena Banned

Hi

You are right DEAN, Today is customer day.
    What they want provide them, that's all.
    That the todays web designing. upgrade your sites with regular intervals, You can give the free and attractive things to your customers.

thanks

jaja likes this.
  5. alena123

alena123 New Member

A good website requires a good website design. A new design might be the correct answer and the right strategy for the success. A quality design can help your website seek the required attention from the customers. At the same time, it also gives you the confidence that you are projecting your products/services in the best possible way.Some aspects to take care of in the website designing are the front and the back areas. The front areas should involve features such as:
    * Attractive design and pictures with use of charts and images
    * Limited use of text and increased use of animation
    * Easy navigation and linking of the following and related web pages and links
    * Shopping cart and order placing facilities along with product description
    * Newsletters on recent developments in the sector
    * Facility to allow customers to contact you
    This would help you to beat your competition and establish your name.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    jaja likes this.
  6. Lizapotter

Lizapotter New Member

Web Design London
    Home Page:
    http://www.codastar.com/
    Hello Daworm, thanks for the tips and tricks, they are really useful for newbies

jaja likes this.
  7. david82

david82 New Member

Good tips and I would also like to add that dont just make any web design that looks good. First build a theme in your mind and then start designing around that idea. Professional website desgns show consustancy and simplcity. They shouldnt necessarily be with heavy graphics untill unless it is a requirement.

jaja likes this.
  8. hkp819

hkp819 New Member

wow, these are the useful tips. This is very useful specially for me. thanks for sharing.

jaja likes this.
  9. Karapaz

Karapaz Banned

USA
    Most website owners and web designers design the sites for themselves, not their audiences. What looks good to you doesnt necessarily look good to your visitors. A lot of web design focus on the layout and graphics, not the content. The content is the substance of the site. It is what visitors look for. No one cares how creative or beautiful your site looks.

jaja likes this.
  10. LenoxFinlay

LenoxFinlay Banned

I am relatively new to web design and have designed a few sites now, and I feel like I can get more out of my site. I would appreciate any input from professional designers too common Joes about the design lay out of my site and how I can make it better, friendly, and practical.

11. LenoxFinlay

LenoxFinlay Banned

WebDevelopersNotes.com offer Free web programming tutorials, web master resources, tips and tricks on HTML, JavaScript, Web design, Web Promotion and Internet and much more!

12. msn90

msn90 New Member

Thanks for tips and tricks.very useful tips for me. Thanks for this tips.

13. shipra123

shipra123 New Member

I agree with you said. Even I believe that a company should make analysis of what customers like or not and should proceed accordingly.

14. jaikanth123

jaikanth123 Banned

business analyst
    A web site display depends on several factors such as type of browser, the client platform, screen resolution etc. and you seldom have control over these variables.
    The medium of the Internet
    is very different from the printed page or the television. It is highly interactive and dynamic and brings together several multimedia features such as pictures, sound, video and animation.
    Navigation on a web site plays a very important role in making the site user friendly. As a thumb rule, a web site should follow the "three click" model. This means that a visitor should be able to access any page on the site using three or lesser mouse clicks.
    There are lots of tips:
    * Creating seamless backgrounds
    * Beautiful seamless web page backgrounds
    * Pros and cons of removing underlines from links on a web page
    * Confusion caused underlined text on a web page
    * Good Site Navigation part 1
    * Web page titles - The HTML TITLE tag
    * Choosing background and foreground colors
    * A theme for your site
    * Good Site Navigation part 2
    * Text and background colors
    * Headings and Fonts
    * Good Site Navigation part 3
    * Creating a Site Map for your web site
    * Important points for a good site map
    * Site maps and other nice ways to help visitors quickly locate information on your site
    * Scripts to create Site maps for your web site
    * Different types of web site navigation
    * Web site navigation - importance and tips
    * Web site search feature and other navigation techniques
    * Image maps - advantages and disadvantages
    * Other file formats on the web
    * Large files on web pages - helping visitors
    * Linking on the same web page
    * Prevent caching of web pages by browsers
    * Flash intro usage on web sites - Advantages and disadvantages
    * Important points to remember when creating Flash intros

15. jeklin

jeklin Banned

Hello,
    When in the thoughts of producing a website, think hard on the some important key points you must deploy. To give you a few hints and tip I have set out below some useful sources of information that can help you to develop a good looking and profitable website.
    1. Time is money, save both by managing and processing work carefully and logically.
    2. Convenient and simple menu guides your users.
    3. What is the most eye-catching place on a web page?
    4. Other psychological studies say that web information is in fact scanned in an "F" way. What does this mean?
    5. Another interesting fact is that of advertising.

Thanks.

shabbir likes this.
  16. izeres

izeres New Member

Hi!
    Great tips!Thanks for sharing tips & techinques,this information is going to help alot to me.

17. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu New Member

It thick the loading time from that point of view is less important. Of course .... I don't recommend to write code with feets, but today the Internet has significantly increased speed and a decent coded layout, it will load without problems.

18. Full Zip Hoody

Full Zip Hoody New Member

Programer
    "The design you choose should be optimized for the web, and should generally take no more than 15 seconds to load." - i'd say mostly 10 sec

19. justinalex

justinalex New Member

Online Marketing Services
    Home Page:
    http://www.seocompanylimited.com.au
    Very useful information here, thanks for posting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
  20. alexsmth114

alexsmth114 New Member

Really good set of tips and tricks, keep them coming!!..