User Defined Variables in console calculator

Discussion in 'C++' started by Untamed1337, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Untamed1337

Untamed1337 New Member

Hello all, I am running into a problem that not even google can apparently help me figure out.

I have a console calculator using MuParserX [a math parser]. It has a lot of functionality with my combined features and the normal features of the parser.
    But, I want to do something special I have rarely seen in console calculators. I want users to be able to type
    Code:
    x = 10
    And have it define a variable x as 10, which can then be later used in the console calculator equations.

Now, how would I do this? I am okay with having a predefined amount of variables, ex. a, b, c, d... but I am not sure how to let the users define them. I can have them input x = 10, and grab the x... but if I grab the x, it wouldn't be directly setting the variable in my application... so I am really not sure where to go from here.

I don't want to use text files or anything, so the variables would just be set temporarily, until the application is closed.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!