Updating GUI Window after reading Each Channels

Discussion in 'Win32' started by rkannasri, Jun 12, 2008.

1. rkannasri

rkannasri New Member

Hi All, Iam new to Win32 programming. I am developing GUI to read some channels.

Iam able to generate the GUI with Seperate read/write Buttons for each Channel. Iam able to read/write the channels using those buttons.

So I kept one single button for Reading and Single button for Writing the Channels. when I click the Single Buttons for reading and writing I am able to read/write to the channels. To achieve this, I have used WM_COMMAND Message i.e in a for loop I use the SendMessage() funtion to generate the button click for each Channels. (make a resemblence of clicking the Seperate Button for each channel.) I went to this approach because My main thread will be listening on the Serial Port for Response . Once the response comes I will generate the next WM_COMMAND message.

Here Comes my issue. The GUI window which is used to read/write the channels is updated,when the Single read/write button is clicked only after all the channels are read/write. But I want the GUI to get updated as soon as one channel data is read and so on.

Thanks in Advance.
    Ramesh

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You submitted as an article and I have moved it to forum for discussion