update mutliple record by selecting checkbox in asp with sql

Discussion in 'ASP' started by aspnew, Dec 7, 2007.

1. aspnew

aspnew New Member

Hi, i m new to asp and i want to update records by selecting checkbox. I have retrieved records in asp form from database and each record has a checkbox along with it. I have a field in database as docrecieved. I want to update this field as yes when checkboxes is selected and update button is submitted in asp , can any one help me how to do it

2. pradeep

pradeep Team Leader

Programmer
    Home Page:
    http://blog.pradeep.net.in
    set some unique id as the values to the checkboxes, if a checkbox is checked on then the value is posted, so ,perform the action on the values!

3. aspnew

aspnew New Member

Hi pradeep,

thanks for ur guidence , i was able to make it work.
    I have a another query..... I have fields in my sql table like docrecieved and doc_date..
    In my asp form i have given 2 radio button for docrecieved as yes and no, now what i want is when i select yes as docrecieved in the asp form then doc_date field in sql should show today's date by default and when no radio button is selected for docrecieved then doc_date should show null in the table(it should not display any date). But i m not able to do it, can u plz guide me how to do it