trying to program an oki 590 printer

Discussion in 'C' started by jgw0, Jun 19, 2013.

1. jgw0

jgw0 New Member

I have an oki 590 24 pin printer. I am trying to imbed codes to control this printer. I have been at this for a very long time but this particular printer does not make it easy. An example of their documentation might help:
    1)17.1 cpi can only be printed using compresed print at 10cpi, 2) (the next line) says:" The printer must be seet to 12 cpi before this command is sent.
    Basically, its telling me that there is no way to print at 17.1 cpi.

I also have a 530 which I have no problem with as it has an 'ml' emulation, this printer does not. Oh, I am dealing with programs I wrote, a long time ago, that run under dos (considering putting them all in sourceforge) and they are still being used so I maintain.

In addition to the above this printer no longer seems to deal with a simple '/n' (carriage return/line feed), instead it does the carriage return but not the line feed. I suspect that the problem may reside in the available character sets and will be studying on that one a bit more. I am currently running this at the basic IBM emulation and the default character set.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this - thank you.......