toshiba dvd-rw drive!!DESPERATE!!

Discussion in 'Gadget Analysis' started by jsnc72, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jsnc72

jsnc72 New Member

hello guys, i am new to the site. i am in desperate need of help!:cryin: i have a toshiba satellite L305D-S5900 laptop with windows vista.
    Part Number: PSLC0U-02701G according to the toshiba website this computer comes with a (toshiba dvd-rw) when i go to the device manager to see if there is a conflict with the device it shows to be (pioneer dvd-rw dvrkd08a ata device. the dvd or as i call it cdrom does not work. i tried to download drivers from the toshiba site but was unsuccseful gave error 39. i have searched the pioneer site and have not had any luck. i have uninstalled device and tried restarting. update driver option says i have the drivers.i even tried a members suggestion of cpying his link, but it is compressed and i do not have winzip program.
    I AM A EXTREME NOVICE TO COMPUTERS!! I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS. ANY AND ALL INFO. WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I CANT AFFORD TO TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!