Timers on many objects

Discussion in 'C#' started by imported_markyoung1984, Sep 10, 2010.

1. imported_markyoung1984

imported_markyoung1984 New Member

Hi I have about 2000 fairly simple objects stored in a hash table within memory.

Each object has a date and time it was last accessed and this is stored in a variable. I basically want to access each object every 24 hours. Each object was last accessed at different times of the day so timers will vary. When 24 hours has passed for a certain object I want to start a thread and pass that object (I already know how to do this) to it (ParametizedThreadStart).

I am really not sure of what I should implement. I know there are timer classes but I have no idea which I would implement or how.

The only method I can see at the moment for doing this is by creating a thread which constantly loops through the objects in my hash table, comparing the variable in each object that tells me the date/time it was last accessed with the current date/time and calcualting if 24 hours has passed.

Do you have any recommendations?