Need Technological Term which describes this paticular system...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by staticuky, Mar 13, 2009.

  1. staticuky

    staticuky New Member

    Mar 13, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Im looking to do a bit of research on a topic, however I do not really know what to search to start. What do you call the implied software or terminology for a workstation-server system; where a user must log in with a username and password to gain access to the system. the usernames and passwords are stored on the server. Once the system logs in the whole session is controlled by rules and parameters set by the server.

    an example of this would be going to your school or university's library and having to log on with your supplied username and password. Its a common setup amongst public libraries and labs.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice