Need suggestion for web server security

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by sneakeer, Oct 18, 2009.

1. sneakeer

sneakeer New Member

Hi all,

Am planning to do a server security configuration in windows 2003 and following are the concepts am going to use.

Honeypot
    System Integrity Verifiers
    hard disk/file encryption
    Intrusion detection system
    keylogger
    recovery software

I need suggestion, comments and feedback to make this better and also the best software for these. Pls help me in this. thanks in advance.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

keylogger for securing. I am not sure why you should be using it ?

3. sneakeer

sneakeer New Member

Even if some gets into the system we will know what they did using keylogger which has ability to take screenshots..

4. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    I will suggest VM Ware for the honey pot, you will nedd 4 Gb RAM and 3 GHz Dual Core CPU, one server can be any dud server that you want it to be, i.e: you can have your webserver with IP 192.168.1.2, your Telnet server with IP 192.168.1.3, your FTP server 192.168.1.4, and your RDP server with IP 192.168.1.5, all on one single server using VM Ware. WM Ware is a virtual machine on a computer like Virtual Computer from microsoft, you can even use that if you want. If i would get to a network that has Telnet, FTP, RDP, and WEB servers all open, heck! that makes a very good play ground for any intruder and the intruder will never know a single thing, fake data is all he will get. keylogger is a very bad idea the being that waht if the intruder actually gets to the log file of the keylogger?? Then that person will be able to see what you typed on the server. Passwords, hints anything he can pick up in there will be used against you. For file encryption I will suggest Folder lock, very stable and easy to use.