Sta.rtUp.biz - Small Business Social Network

Discussion in 'Review My Site' started by optiwizer, Jun 3, 2008.

1. optiwizer

optiwizer New Member

We are going to start launching regional campaigns in July to our new website that is a Social Network for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners. http://sta.rtup.biz

Looking for feedback on:

1) the overall usability of the site

2) the "ask the experts" area

3) any thoughts on areas or content that we can add

Feel free to be as honest as possible so that I can make the changes before the launch.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Here are my views:

1. The search bar is fine but you could use that to have your site design integrated so that the space at the top is not wasted.
    2. Ads options are pretty negligible and so its one of the option you should look into it in the future.
    3. Ask the expert middle column is too less spacy and you should allow a floating design so that people like me on my laptop has more space for the middle column

3. Benji145

Benji145 New Member

The featured menbers make the menu a little daze. The last part of the site is great! Good job!

4. ceuyan

ceuyan New Member

i think you have a great concept and great start. i think your site looks a little too busy. maybe remove that ad that is in your headbar to give your site some room to breathe

5. peterbk

peterbk New Member

There is a big blank area near the top of the home page. Maybe it's a placeholder for future ads, but for now it just wastes valuable space. Remove it until you have something important to put there.

I'm not a big fan of videos that automatically start playing when I open a page. I would let users choose whether to play the video.