Starting out advice

Discussion in 'Programming' started by kapakra, Jun 12, 2006.

1. kapakra

kapakra New Member

hello

i have been using batch files in windows to remote install software, and other bits and bobs. What would be the best language to learn to do the same job?

i would love to have a nice interphase etc for the program!

i am very willing to put the work in to learn what ever you guys think is best!

Thank you in advance!

Bob

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to G4EF.

Also regarding your query can you clarify what is your query as I could not understand much from
    Probably you dont need to learn any programming langauge to just install the softwares.

3. kapakra

kapakra New Member

hi

sorry for my bad post!

ok i currently use a dos program to install programs silently on remote computers, but at the moment i have to type out the command for each program, is there any way to make a interphase for it so people can clikc check boxes and it will write the commands for me?

also because im a admin in my network i would like the software to remember my password, so other users can install the software.

thanx

bob.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Probably not readily available but you can program that in many langauges specially C.

5. Xodiox

Xodiox New Member

Yeah, I would tend to use Visual Basic, you can make nice user interfaces with it but its also the only language i can write programs with ;) although i'm getting the hang of C and C++ :)