My Sound doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Gadget Analysis' started by W3C, Mar 11, 2007.

1. W3C

W3C New Member

I just reinstalled Windows XP and the sound doesn't work.
    I have an Altec Lansing system.
    Their site does not help at all. Meaning I can't find any drivers.
    And I don't have any CDs that go along with it.

2. Darkness1337

Darkness1337 New Member

same thing happened to me but my m8 fixed it for me, I'm not really sure how he did it but I'll ask him and let you know soon!

for now just try go on Control Panel -- Sound,Speech and Audio devices -- Sound and Audio Devices -- Audio(click on Audio tab) -- Under Default Device, Select your driver if it's not already selected and see if it works!
    if it still doesn't work try following the trouble shoot steps!!

also you can try going to my computer (right click) -- manage -- and then device manager -- sound video and game controllers -- and check if your driver is there or not.... if not you'll have to install it before you do anything!!!!

3. Abrahammer

Abrahammer New Member

It says I have no audio device and everything in Audio,Sound,volume,Hardware is gray and i'm looking everywhere for answers. I can't stand no sound anymore!

4. satyedra pal

satyedra pal New Member

If you are installing window XP then first you must remember that,after installing the win XP,first install audio driver then install other software .If you have install other software before installing the audio driver then you will face more problem with audio driver.And the driver of your system will depend on your mother Board.By taking the mother board identity you can download driver from internet.

5. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Please visit your sound card's manufacturer's website to download the required driver or visit driverguide.com and search for the right driver for your sound card.