Best ways to send alot of new traffic to my site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Jamesx187, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jamesx187

Jamesx187 New Member

hey, james here... i've been running a small blog now for a little over a year, and just recently after reading alot on some of these different forums ive started trying to monetize my blog with adsense and am looking to find different easy ways to send lots of new traffic. So far since i started ive just been dropping alot of links in comments i post on others blogs.. and doing the social bookmarking thing which is where most of my traffic comes from using the automated software from <<Snipped>> .. which im sure most of you are probably using also. But I was jus curious, as im still fairly new to this, what are some other easy effective ways i could drive alot of new traffic to my blog? And furthermore, for those other methods for traffic are you aware of any other software like bm demon that will automate those methods for me that isnt going to cost me much?? As I work 40 hours a week and often find myself with very limited time to work on this project... Any advice / comments / suggestions would be very appreciated!! thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Do not use the auto softwares as it would be a kill for your SEO efforts. Concentrate on getting good incoming links and good quality content as thats the best to get good traffic.

3. Jamesx187

Jamesx187 New Member

well this particular one works well for me, so I had assumed there would be others out there that that carry out different functions which work just as effectively

4. stephen186

stephen186 New Member

Go through a system.
    I mean first identify your goals......do your keyword research........update the content according to that..........get involved in link building manually with blog comments (which you are already doing), social bookmarking, web submissions, article submissions to article directories, if possible get some reciprocal links from high PR sites with good traffic of your NICHE.

ALl these things will help you get ranked on google and traffic.

5. ritz10

ritz10 New Member

Add a few more channels. social media platform can give you spike if you work on it wisely. Twitter the hottest one now, facebook, myspace and linkedin are good if you do not try to market your site over these platforms.

6. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    It's quite telling that you think of the human beings who might want to visit your site only as "traffic".
    If you have decent content then people will come. If you don't then you're wasting your time.
    Think about what will make people WANT to come to your site and keep coming back.
    For example why do you think I've ratcheted up a post count of over 1000 here at Go4Expert?
    (OK maybe my surfing habits are not a good example as I'm totally allergic to adverts and run an ad blocker to get rid of them all. The only ads I tolerate are the Google adverts, because (a) they're not jumping all over the screen trying to get my attention, and (b) they're relevant.)

7. yohan

yohan New Member

I have use automated softwares to submit my site to directories, but I only get less back links.. And most of the back links I got are from irrelevant sites.. I prefer to use the traditional way of building links..