how to use search engine feature in my application?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by datta.saru@gmail.com, Aug 25, 2006.

1. datta.saru@gmail.com

datta.saru@gmail.com New Member

Hi experts,
    In my struts application, I have a Jsp page where in it collects some keywords, based on that it has to search for files my machine(all disks like C:\,D:\,E:\..........). How to develop this using Servlet/JSP.
    plz help me. Its urgent any code help is highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Please dont make multiple threads with same topic. Please refer to thread [thread=1256]how to use search engine feature in my application?[/thread]

3. datta.saru@gmail.com

hi Shabbir,
    I got no answer for my question. can you plz let me know how it can be done
    Any code help is highly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot

4. shabbir

Can you clarify what you are looking for.

Probably you need an application as web page cannot search any areas of the user machine. Yes it can do on the server side.

5. datta.saru@gmail.com

Hi shabbir,
    There will be having a search box and Go button in my appl(Machine A), When the user enters some keyword say 'java' it has to search all the files in another host(Machine B) where the files will be present. Yes it seraches on the other server( say Machine B has Tomcat server installed on it). How to do this functionality. Help me with code
    Thanks a lot

6. shabbir

If you need to search using a web interface to the local data on the hard disk on other machine you need to follow the following steps.

1. Have an appliaction running on machine B which parses the data on the local drive of machine B and stores the related information into the database.
    2. Create a web interface so that when any query comes to the server it responds according to the database data created in step 1.
    3. Display the results on the machine A using the interface of the server on machine B.