SAP vs JAVA?? Career?

Discussion in 'Jobs And Career Discussion' started by vignesh7567, Sep 2, 2012.

1. vignesh7567

vignesh7567 New Member

Hello all,

I am a B.Sc computer science graduate with an overall experience of 3.5 years which includes 1.5 years as JAVA and J2EE developer.
    Last 2 years I am involved in SAP IDOC monitoring Project.

The salary I'm currently drawing is below par with Industry standards considering my experience and skill set (1.95 lakhs per annum) .
    Kindly advice whether shifting back to JAVA & J2EE is a wise option. My current project doesnt have much scope for learning
    anymore and the company is unwilling to shift me to better projects.

As far as I inquire, many of them asked me to choose SAP Technology because we can increase the salary packages than in Java.

Now I have the best of both worlds but I am confused to choose the right one.

Currently I am working in SAP technology but I have no scope in my current project and its just the monitoring process(in which i am working for past 2 years).
    Still my managers asking me to be in this project because none of them are willing to come to this project to replace me.

SAP has several modules like ABAP, BASIS, SD, QM, PP, PM etc and I belong to none of these modules. Moreover I am unable to increase my salary package in this
    company because I am a B.SC grad. I am unable to search jobs outside as I don't have much experience in the specific modules of SAP.

I do not know whether I can move back to Java technology again because I am not currently working on it but still I can cope up.

Can anyone tell which career has good future and can earn good salary.

Request your valuable inputs.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vignesh Karthick.