Questions regarding certification

Discussion in 'C#' started by Dan29, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan29

Dan29 New Member

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I'm based in the UK and would like to start work as a Systems Analyst. I was doing this as a role for 9 months before I got made redundant. I'd like to know if there is a good introductory qualification I could study part time for the next year that would help me to get another role doing this?

I've studied and used VBA but I understand that this is soon to be outdated.

I'm after something that would be the most generic and widely applicable qualification. I've studied before for an MCP in Windows 2000 and I wondered if I could do anything similar for programming?

Obviously I'm looking for something that's as future proof as can be. Does anyone know what are the best areas to study? Would it be best to study Visual Basic for example?

I'm hoping to later go on to do an HND and then a degree, I was wondering what the best programming language was to start learning?

Would I perhaps do well to do a BTEC instead of a Microsoft qualification?

Studying for parts of an MCAD looks to be a good way to go but the MS site states that a lot of the exams for this will retire in March 2009 and I'm not sure I'll have time to complete them.

Does anyone know what supercedes MCAD?

If anyone could answer any one of these questions I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks very much indeed.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.