Publishing To Site

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Knowledge Kick, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Knowledge Kick

Knowledge Kick New Member

I am a newbie when it comes to website design. I initially created a website using a website creater and template provided to me by the hosting company. I then hired a programmer who added onto and made my initial page look better. I now need to be able to edit the static pages so I can correct text, links, etc. I have Microsoft Expression Web 2.0. My programmer instructed me to go into Computer and type in fttp://mysite.com. I did and I copied the .html files onto my computer. I now have the files open in Expression Web but I don't know what to do once I change the text. When I Browser Preview them it's plain text with a white background. Even when I hit Publish it says it published but I don't see the change on my site. What am I doing wrong?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Moved to web development forum

3. naimish

naimish New Member

Software Engineer
    First thing it's not fttp, it's ftp.

Second what you are doing is correct but it can have the problems with your hosting server. I don't know somewhere I read the same problem was with one of hosting provider.