Program Suggestion

Discussion in 'C' started by rohitstares, Nov 23, 2009.

1. rohitstares

rohitstares New Member

check below link

The assembly line consists of three parts: line 1, line 2 and line 3. Blue and red objects are transported down line 1 and are sorted onto lines 2 (blue) and 3 (red). Lines 2 and 3 may run at a slower speed than line 1

In your simulation you will need to create separate processes for each of the three lines. You will also require a separate I/O process that accepts inputs from the PC keyboard and provide a display for the control system. The keys of the PC keyboard will be used to simulate commands and are made up of a two character key sequence. The first key always identifies the line, while the second key, a letter indicating the command itself. These commands are outlined below:

• W – increase speed of line
    • Q – reduce speed of line
    • S – stop line
    The sequence XX should be use to shutdown the whole system gracefully.

The line speed will be measured in objects/second, i.e. the number of objects that it can transport in one second. You will have to provide an indicator of the number of objects on each line. The number of objects on each line and the speed of each line should be simulated and displayed. Your system may automatically increase or decrease the speeds of lines 2 and 3 in order to cope with either increasing or decreasing production observed on line 1.

Typical Command Sequence
    All key sequences are entered through the single I/O process. The key sequence 1W would increase the speed of line 1. If line 2 and 3 are not running fast enough then the speed of these lines can be increased accordingly by the controller. Pressing 2Q would now reduce the speed of line 2 but it should not decrease below a minimum amount due to objects arriving from line 1. Pressing 3S should stop line 3. When this happens, the speed of line 1 and 2 must also drop to zero. Pressing XX should stop all lines, and close the child processes, followed by the parent processes. Shutting down must be performed gracefully.

Scheduling
    Modify the objects passing down the line so that they now carry a processing time element t. E.g. if a blue object has a processing time element t=1.2 seconds, it will have to stay on line 2 for 1.2 seconds before it is completed. The value for t is to be randomly generated for each object. Lines 2 and 3 will now need to maintain a queue of objects coming in. Before the next object is accepted by either lines, the process will have to run a scheduling algorithm to determine which object should be shifted from the queue onto the line. The most basic system will run a first come first serve (FCFS) method. You are expected to build other schedulers as well.

please reply ...

2. Gene Poole

Gene Poole New Member

Did you have a problem with implementing this, or do you just expect someone to do it all for you?

3. rohitstares

rohitstares New Member

suggest me what steps i need to take ... to complete this program ... actually i dont have any idea about C++ and graphics in that ... so please suggest complete and clear idea for the above program ... if possible provide me some part of program ...
    Thank you