printing with barcode printer - help

Discussion in 'Visual Basic ( VB )' started by tepedelen, Mar 22, 2009.

1. tepedelen

tepedelen New Member

hi, everyone, i have a problem with printing my vb form with a barcode printer and i was wondering if you could help me... i'm using visual basic 6.0. i downloaded a free barcode font(3 of 9) and i use it with a text box.

the font of text 6 is selected as "free 3 of 9 extended" and code of text5 is: (text5.change-->)text6.text=text5.text -- so this seems like working, i see the barcode symbols in text6 while i write the numeric code to text5 but is this the right way? i mean many places i read that i must use '*' when working with barcode fonts, but that didn't work so i use plainly text6.text=text5.text...will it work when printed, will it be readeble by barcode reader??

my second -and main - problem is that i dont know how to print the form im working on..i use a zebra lp 2844 barcode printer(connected with usb) i read the programmers manual on the driver cd, but it says nothing helpful..i dont know how to establish a connection between vb and my printer.. ill be really happy if you can help or show me some direction, thanks..:eek: