Print, Print Preview, and PageSetup Dialog for TabPage in TabControl

Discussion in 'C#' started by nlraley, Jul 20, 2010.

1. nlraley

nlraley New Member

I have a tab control with 2 tab pages contained within it that are each a seperate windows form.

I am tyring to use the following dialogs indicated above to print the contents of the windows form shown in the tab page of the tab control; however, I can't quite seem to figure out how to get the contents of the tab page to display. I am just getting blank pages on my print preview.

Here is what I have so far... My main form has a tab control with 2 tab pages, each having their content defined as such:
    MainForm fileManagementForm = new MainForm();
    UserManagement userManagementForm = new UserManagement();

userManagementForm.TopLevel = false;
    userManagementForm.Parent = tabControl1.TabPages[0];
    userManagementForm.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None;
    userManagementForm.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

userManagementForm.Show();

fileManagementForm.TopLevel = false;
    fileManagementForm.Parent = tabControl1.TabPages[1];
    fileManagementForm.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None;
    fileManagementForm.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

fileManagementForm.Show();

Next I created a new printing document:
    private System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument docToPrint = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument();

Next for the print preview I am doing something like:
    printPreviewDialog1.Document = docToPrint;
    printPreviewDialog1.Show();

But of course I am getting an empty print preview dialog. How can I tell it to draw the contents of the current tab for the print document?

Any ideas how to set the document for the dialog to the tab page of a tab control? Nothing that I have tried will work and using Me, or this b/c I am using at the momment, yields a blank page. So if anyone can offer a recommendation or point me in the right direction I'd apprecaite it.