preventing CListCtrl auto-resize column width

Discussion in 'MFC' started by paratracker, Sep 19, 2008.

1. paratracker

paratracker New Member

I recently copied a dialog containing a multi-column report view CListCtrl from a working application into a new one. Everything works as expected in the original app, but all of the columns widths used in InsertColumn in the new app are being ignored.

The columns are being automatically resized to a width where just one character of the header label and an ellipsis are showing. If I call GetColumnWidth() I get back exactly what I gave the control in InsertColumn(). The resource definitions are identical with the ones in the working app.

The only difference I know of is that all of the working dialogs (I actually have quite a few working examples) were all developed in Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 and the projects migrated to Visual Studio 2005. The app that is acting strangely was started in Visual Studio 2005, after which I pasted dialog code and resource description from one of the working apps.

Any ideas on what mechanism could be behind this behavior?

Thanks, Mike
    PocketNumerix, Inc.