PLz someone Help ME

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Chief111, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Chief111

Chief111 New Member

i have been having alot of trouble with this homework i got from my csit class. i looked on google and my textbook but still could not figure it out. explanations with answers is greatly appreciated.

1) A host with IP address 147.23.93.06/24 sends an IP packet to destination address 147.23.92.06/24. Is the delivery direct or indirect? Assume no subnetting.
    2) A host with IP address 147.23.93.06/16 sends a packet to destination address 147.23.92.06/16. Is the delivery direct or indirect? Assume no subnetting.
    3) A host with IP address 137.23.56.23/16 sends a packet to a host with IP address 137.23.67.9/16. Is the delivery direct or indirect? Assume no subnetting.
    4) A host with IP address 137.23.56.23/16 sends a packet to a host with IP address 142.3.6.9/24. Is the delivery direct or indirect? Assume no subnetting.
    5) A packet with destination address 170.14.7.42 arrives at a router with routing tables shown above. What interface is used to forward this packet? Provide a brief explanation to support your answer.
    10) What layer 3 process performs fragmentation?
    11) What layer 3 process maps a known IP address to an equivalent physical address?
    12) How many bytes of options are in an IP header if the total length is 1420 bytes, and there are1376 bytes of data from an upper layer protocol. Given values are in base-10.
    13) What does a FRAGMENTATION OFFSET value of 0 represent?
    14) What does it mean when the value of the FLAGS field is 001 (binary)?
    15) The value of HLEN in an IP packet is 5. How many option bytes are present?
    16) Can the value of the HLEN field ever be 20? Explain your answer.
    17) An IP packet is carrying 1024 bytes of data. If there are no options, what is the value of the total length field?
    18) An IP packet is carrying 1024 bytes of data. If HLEN is 7, what is the value of the total length field?

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    An important skill in IT is to be able to read general stuff and answer specific questions about it. So we would not be helping you by giving you the answers.

This should all be covered in the course notes you've got, and/or the recommended reading.

Or are you saying you're completely fresh to the course, have no books/notes and have been immediately presented with these questions? If that's the case then the tutor is simply trying to assess your current level of knowledge and there's no problem is replying "sorry, haven't got a clue, that's why I'm on this course".

3. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    http://computertipaday.blogspot.com