MySQL database's upload via FTP

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by narekm, Oct 14, 2011.

1. narekm

narekm New Member

Hello there . I am developing my PHP-MySQL site locally on XAMPP installed. And I am creating databses and tables in my MySQL databse . So after finishing things with the databse can i "upload" the "configuration" of my database to the hosting company's provided database? . So if lets say i have set up the database locally so that users can egister and the same now they can do with the remote database .
    I mean how to make my local and remote database look exactly the same ??? .(So i wont have to type all long SQL queries on phpMyAdmin).

Thanks in advance!!

2. alia123

alia123 New Member

Hey,
    One thing is you need to export the database on your local server and import it into your host's server.
    Also you can use a tool like MySQLDump which should be within your MySQL install on local server to dump the database to a .sql file, then send that file to your host and they should import it for you into your database on your hosted server.