Logic Error

Discussion in 'C#' started by dlsparks, Sep 22, 2007.

1. dlsparks

dlsparks New Member

I seem to have a logic error in a payroll program I created. I have looked at it for several days now and have tried everything I could think of. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction on this. It runs through the initial questions fine and then no matter what I do it runs through the loop with the error message every time instead of only when the user inputs invalid information. It then performs the calculations and displays the information. I can't seem to get the error message to work only when invalid information is entered. I have zipped the whole file and attached it. Any help with this would be wonderful! I'm sure it is something simple that I'm not seeing.

2. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

Please do not attach your complete projects with executables and ask for some one to find errors and correct it. Try explaining your problem and definitely you will find some one giving you the correct advice.

3. dlsparks

dlsparks New Member

Sorry if it seemed that way. I didn't want anyone to correct it for me. I would rather that they explain where I went wrong so I can learn from it. But I didn't think they could explain it unless they seen how I set it up.

4. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

I would take it up as a lazy effort of not trying to explaining the thing.

5. dlsparks

dlsparks New Member

I did explain it in my post but even with an explination there could be numerous possibilities as to why it isn't working. I'm just used to looking at code when trying to find a problem and letting others look at mine when I have a question. This wasn't meant to be the begining of an argument. I guess I'm just used to doing things a different way.

6. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

We also need to be looking at the code only but not the whole code but the part of the code where it could be a probabable problem.