What language to use with this problem.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by chiukimlong, Jan 5, 2009.

1. chiukimlong

chiukimlong New Member

Hi guys, i'm just a new member to this site. And upon reading some of the topics, i found it that people here are nice.

Can anyone help me to choose a good language for this kind of program? It's like this, i'm now a junior student of a computer-based institution and we're now proposing for our thesis. I made a proposal for our school's laboratory.

Here's how the program work;
    There are lots of laboratories in our school. This program must record all the classes in each room. Ex: Room A (7am-8am, 9am-10am). Now when the students will enter the lab, of course they will turn on their respective computers and when it is end of the class, the computer will just automatically shutdown itself. (Room A students turn on their PC at 9:01 am, when time is 10:00 am already, the computer shutdowns.)
    Same with the other rooms. Knowing that each rooms has different schedules everyday.

What's the best programming language to use for this kind of program? Thanks for your response guys. ^^

2. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    http://computertipaday.blogspot.com
    u can do it in any language. things u shud be more care of is that, protect the students PC so that they cant break ur code.
    ur program shud work without errors.

3. chiukimlong

chiukimlong New Member

will delphi be able to handle this kind of program? or VB?

4. azrul

azrul New Member

VB will work perfectly fine.

Plus, u dont have to use any other API since its provided in VB.