What langage is fastest for mathmatical calculations?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by dave1234, Dec 9, 2010.

1. dave1234

dave1234 New Member

Hi,

I have a project I'm working on which requires sheer brute force to get the answer. I was wondering what programming language would perform a huge number of simple mathmatical calculations the fastest.

I do not have any other requirement other than being able to come up with the answer in the shortest timescale possible... at the moment although this is very vague I am estimating it would take my computer approximately 5 months to perform all the calculations, based on a trial run of a smaller amount of data.

I have no idea what would be best... Would an older "simpler" language such as Pascal be faster or an object orientated language or....

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Dave

2. cpulocksmith

cpulocksmith New Member

student
    im curious. what exactly are you working on? there could be many things to take into account on this speed thing, so if you could fill me in a little more i might be able to help you out a little.

3. dave1234

dave1234 New Member

the best way to describe the project is "trying find the answer to a jigsaw puzzle" I effectively want to write a program to work through each possible combination to see if the pieces fit or not, there are billions of possible combinations.

The maths isn't too complex, just a lot of it!

4. lionaneesh

lionaneesh Active Member

Student
    Brute Forcer ...

Old Nifty x86 Assembly is the best for your work..
    You can have a look at the Jhon The Ripper

Its pretty well written ...