Java JRE won't install - windows installer issue??

Discussion in 'Java' started by XDMickeYXD, Mar 4, 2011.

1. XDMickeYXD

XDMickeYXD New Member

Hello java gurus :)

I have a big problem, i use java a lot,
    since i'm learning java programming and play a lot of java games.
    Here's the issue:
    A while ago i tried installing the newest java jre update,
    but the installer wouldn't start (it downloaded the installer, i hit install, and nothing), i also tried the full installer, but that wouldn't start at all. (windows says it didn't install correctly... go figure)
    I then tried removing all older java versions, etc. with these programs:
    JavaRa
    Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    -
    It worked, no errors whatsoever, but when i then ask JavaRa to check the installed java version,
    it says i have "Java JRE version: 6.0.170.4" which is weird, since i'm pretty sure i uninstalled it (?)
    Web-based java games and .jar files don't run, however Minecraft (a java based game with it's own launcher) works perfectly fine! Again, you'd expect it not to...
    If i go into add/remove programs, there is nothing containing "java", "jre", or "sun".
    -
    I have tried several java installers, every single one failed.
    They just close without any error message, sometimes windows pops up saying "'This program may not have installed correctly"

I have been struggling with this problem for months now, and i believe java is really screwed up on my pc...
    Although i tried installing java on my virtual machine, and i noticed that windows installer installs java, so it could be an issue with windows installer, because when i run the java installer everything runs fine up until the moment windows installer is supposed to pop up.
    I'm 100% positive it is not malware/virus related, because my pc is clean.
    I really hope someone can help me with this problem, i have tried other forums, but no luck so far, and as you can see, it's a pain in the youknowwhat D:
    Thank you!
    -XDMickeYXD

2. XDMickeYXD

XDMickeYXD New Member

3. XDMickeYXD

XDMickeYXD New Member