Internal Server Error???

Discussion in 'Perl' started by mykkah, Sep 19, 2008.

1. mykkah

mykkah New Member

Ok, So I bought a template from a web template site thinking that everything I needed would be provided, but I was waaaaay off! I got every thing setup and running except the Mail Form. I really am not all that savvy on coding and I'm more of a designer... this is why I have no clue what's going on. I've spent about 15 hours trying to figure out whats wrong but I can't for the life of me???

I punched in what I thought was all I needed in the actual code on the "contacts Page" but it's still not working? below is the Mail Form code(in Red) from the page. Does this look like it should function if it was directed to the "MailForm.pl" file correctly?

And I keep hearing about a redirect after the submit buttons pushed? does it look like this is in this code (in red)?

after I hit submit this is what I get "Internal Server Error, The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,(e mail address) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]<form id="form" action="web address/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" enctype="multipart/form-data">
                    	<div class="line"><input type="text" value="name:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="title:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="company name:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="address:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="address cont'd:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="city:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="state:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="e-mail:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
                        <div class="line"><input type="text" value="phone:" onfocus="this.value=''" /></div>
    <div>
                        	<textarea cols="30" rows="40" onfocus="this.value=''">message:</textarea><br />
                        	<a href="#" class="link_3" onclick="getElementById('form').submit()">send</a> <a href="#" class="link_3" onclick="getElementById('form').reset()">clear</a>
                  </div>
              </form>[/COLOR]
    This is what my FormMail.pl looks like (in gray).

Code:
    [COLOR="Silver"]# USER CONFIGURATION SECTION
    # --------------------------
    # Modify these to your own settings. You might have to
    # contact your system administrator if you do not run
    # your own web server. If the purpose of these
    # parameters seems unclear, please see the README file.
    #
    BEGIN
    {
      $DEBUGGING         = 1;
      $emulate_matts_code= 0;
      $secure            = 1;
      $allow_empty_ref   = 1;
      $max_recipients    = 5;
      $mailprog          = '/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t';
      $postmaster        = 'info @ mysite . com';
      @referers          = qw(mysite . com);
      @allow_mail_to     = qw(info @ mysite . com);
      @recipients        = qw(info @ mysite . com);
      %recipient_alias   = ();
      @valid_ENV         = qw(REMOTE_HOST REMOTE_ADDR REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT);
      $locale            = '';
      $charset           = 'iso-8859-1';
      $date_fmt          = '%A, %B %d, %Y at %H:%M:%S';
      $style             = '/css/nms.css';
      $no_content        = 0;
      $double_spacing    = 1;
      $wrap_text         = 0;
      $wrap_style        = 1;
      $send_confirmation_mail = 0;
      $confirmation_text = <<'END_OF_CONFIRMATION';
    Subject: form submission

Thank you for your form submission.

END_OF_CONFIRMATION[/COLOR]
    if anyone can help I would really really appreciate it! I'm getting reamed out because the mail page doesn't work and I have no clue where to even start???

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  2. oogabooga

oogabooga New Member

Your FormMail.pl is incomplete.
    It just sets variables and does nothing.
    It doesn't even have a closing brace for the BEGIN.

Also, I'm assuming that you've changed "web address"
    in the form to an actual address?

3. mykkah

mykkah New Member

yes I know it's incomplete... I wasn't going to post the whole thing for space sake.... and yes everything is as it should be as far as addresses are concerned?

4. pradeep

pradeep Team Leader

Programmer
    Home Page:
    http://blog.pradeep.net.in
    Attach the file so that someone can have a look at it, and help you out.