how to integrate process with exe file

Discussion in 'Win32' started by vidhya, May 22, 2007.

1. vidhya

vidhya New Member

hi

i created one process which will run one file called banner.exe that will create one banner on the desktop, in that banner some text will always be scrolling.what i want is this process should always be running in the background and whenever i execute banner.exe file from the command line with some command line arguments that arguments should be appended to the text which is previously scrolling in the banner.

what i want is their should be only one instance of banner.whatever i add or remove from the command line should update in the same banner.

is it possible to do this.please give me the solution how to do this.

2. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

Yup thats very much possible.

You have InitInstance and in that check for banner.exe process using the FindWindow API and when found post a message to the banner.exe with the necessary command line and exit the current process.

banner.exe when recieves the message should append the thing in the list of its scolling banner.

3. vidhya

vidhya New Member

InitInstance is MFC method right. can i use that method in win32 application.

4. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

You have the same thing in WndProc of your Win32 Application. WM_CREATE or something similar.

The command line will be there in the WinMain.