How can I connect to a wifi network remotely?

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by Iglooian, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Iglooian

Iglooian New Member

I've been doing ethical hacking for a little while and I remember one of the first hacks I've executed was the reverse tcp android hack from (my favorite program) Metasploit. Now, using this specific payload requires you to be connected to the same network as the victim. I was just wondering, is there a way to remotely connect to their network and running the exploit? If so,this be explained in depth? (I'm running Kali Linux)

Any help is appreciated!
    -Matt

2. Avantika Pandey

Avantika Pandey New Member

If you have legitimate access to a Wi-Fi network and need to connect remotely, there are a few options available to you.

1. Virtual Private Network (VPN): A VPN is a secure way to connect to a remote network over the internet. It encrypts your internet traffic and routes it through a secure server, allowing you to access the remote network as if you were physically connected to it.

2. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP): If you need to access a specific device on the remote network, you can use RDP to establish a remote connection to that device. This is commonly used for remote administration of servers or workstations.

3. Port Forwarding: If you need to access a specific application or service on the remote network, you can use port forwarding to redirect traffic from your local network to the remote network. This is commonly used for accessing web servers or other network services.
    It is important to note that remote access should always be secured with strong authentication and encryption protocols to prevent unauthorized access and protect sensitive information.