Hook windows logon/logoff events

Discussion in 'Win32' started by alee, Jan 14, 2009.

1. alee

alee New Member

I am having a service which would be running at SYSTEM level. Now, i want to track the logged on user in it. Earlier i was trying to get the logged in user name from GetUserName api but in my case it returns "SYSTEM" every time.

Is there anyway to get logged on username in my case? or is there any hook that i can install so that i may get which user logged on?

P.S: I am mainly working in Delphi 2007 but these question are win32 (native api) specific thats why posting in this sectrion

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    What if multiple users are logged on at the same time?

3. alee

alee New Member

I am only concerned with the "interactive users" i.e the person who is sitting infront of the system and using the physical keyboard/mouse attached to that particular system.

Actually, the application targeted users are those who are running computer in local network, so there are almost zero chances that there will be any "remote" user logged on to that particular system.