Here's the plan...

Discussion in 'Java' started by alex9009, Jan 29, 2007.

1. alex9009

alex9009 New Member

I'm quite new to the programming world, and I have a couple of questions. Here is what I was planning on doing:

I play a mmorpg (massively multiplayer online roleplaying game) which has its own market. There is a mall, where each player can have his/her own store if they choose. There is a search function that lets you search the entire mall for the item you wish to buy. Sometimes, people might accidentally type the wrong price in or just feel like selling an item at a huge discount. I was hoping to make a bot that automatically searches the mall for certain items, and if it finds an item below a certain price, then it buys them. What language would be best for this type of thing, I was thinking java, but when i tried to get the environment up and running, couldn't. Also, where is a good place to find help and tutorials on the type of things I will have to program? Thanks in advance.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I really find the questions like what is the best for the given task/work and I always have the same reply as the one you are best at. If you plan to make it develop by somebody else then the question comes as to what would be the best one but if you plan to develop yourself then the one you find yourself comfortable is the best possible one.

3. dadams14

dadams14 New Member

Entrepreneur
    Home Page:
    http://www.superstarthinkers.com
    What MMORPG is this?

4. dadams14

dadams14 New Member

Entrepreneur
    Home Page:
    http://www.superstarthinkers.com
    If I want to develop a MMORPG, where do I even begin? It all seems a bit overwhelming.