header files

Discussion in 'Unix' started by buddy, Aug 31, 2007.

1. buddy

buddy New Member

how a header file is included in the file(Path .Where exactly the definitions of the functions and variables declared in a header file will be ???? in unix.Plz clarify this one too,till now i didnt got answer.!! :confused:

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

What programming language you are talking it for. It looks like a C-C++ issue.

3. buddy

buddy New Member

Yes, I want to know how the header files are linked (In C,C++),where will be the definations of the declarations in the header files will be??..how to explain this in the interview.Thanks in advance.

4. buddy

buddy New Member

hi shabbir,

I want to know for C,C++ programming language, how the header files are inked where will be its definitions be defined??? how to explain it in interviews.

5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Header files help the compiler to know that the function exists and the lib files help them find out where on the program is the function located. The linking happens after the compiler and so if you do not have the lib files you will get the linker errors.