Hack a Router's Internet Settings Password

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by sgringor, Jun 15, 2008.

1. sgringor

sgringor New Member

With my computer I connect to a wireless router for internet access. I know the WEP code so I can connect to the network with no problem. However, my router has an internet control panel which is protected by a User Name and Password, neither of which I know. This is the control panel you arrive at by placing your default gateway into the address bar of a browser. Then a window comes up reading "Authentication Required" and you must input a User Name and a Password. I would like to access this panel without doing a factory reset on the router. Does anyone know of any way I could crack the password? I have programs that can crack passwords if they know a hash, but I don't know how to acquire a hash for this type of password. I'm am completely new at cracking passwords, and I am in desperate need of help. Thanks in advance.

sgringor

2. BaldCast1

BaldCast1 New Member

What programs do you have?

3. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    check the resources on the top of this forum, there are soooooo many tools you can use. Depending on the length of the password you might be able to do it...

4. sgringor

sgringor New Member

baldcast, I have Cain and Abel. Spoonwizard there sure are plenty of links and programs on that list. If it doesn't trouble you, do you think you could point me towards the programs which would be useful for my problem?