Getting Control of a Property Page in a Wizard

Discussion in 'MFC' started by Larry A Mill Sr, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Larry A Mill Sr

Larry A Mill Sr New Member

I'm developing a program that uses a vast amount of Wizard dialog pages.Each page has 8 - 10 Editboxes on it with instructions for their useage. There are no other controls on the pages other-than the editboxes.
    How do I get and maintain control of such a page? EN-SETFOCUS would only setfocus once a selection has been made. EN-CHANGE Only notifies me of a change has occurred. EN_KILLFOCUS notifies me that the User has selected something else. How do I gain Control so I can get the data after the User has finished entering it.(and how will I know when the User has entered any data at all). You can't use "OnCommand" in a page, so I couldn't use it to route the selection to a function.
    Any ideas?

2. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

When a Next button is clicked means that he has finished entering everything in that page.

3. Larry A Mill Sr

Somehow I must be able to discern which editboxes was used. Also the Property Sheet controls the buttons [back], [next], [finish] not the individual pages. The property Sheet knows nothing of the editboxes; nor does the pages know anything about the [back], [next], [finish] buttons.

4. Larry A Mill Sr

How do I get someone to change my logon name? It should be "Larry A Mills Sr" not "Larry A Mill Sr". I've tried to "edit profile" but that didn't work.

5. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

You cannot change the username.

Also about the query there should be way to know some of the thing and it looks like your design is too loosely coupled.

6. vinodnn

vinodnn New Member

From what you have said so far, I hope that you are using Wizard-type property pages. If not, set the Wizard mode by using "CPropertySheet::SetWizardMode()". Then u can track the click events on "Next", "back" and "Finish" by easily overriding the functions "CPropertyPage::OnWizardBack()", "CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext()" and "CPropertyPage::OnWizardFinish()". Here, u can validate the edit boxes. I hope that this is what you want.

7. ashburnham

ashburnham New Member

Sorry to dig up an oldie but have basically the same problem as Larry. Vinodnn's solution hasn't worked so wondering if there are any suggestions, or if Larry's still about, how did you get on with this?