The Game of NIM in Wombat

Discussion in 'Assembly Language Programming (ALP) Forum' started by whateverme, Dec 11, 2010.

1. whateverme

whateverme New Member

Hello there, so basically I have to write a programme for a Nim game in Wombat.
    This wombat programme will play interactively
    against a human opponent and win, if it starts. At the beginning the user should
    be able to input the numbers of stones.

The key problem in the algorithm is taking the bitwise XOR of the num-
    bers of stones. So let's say I assume that there is a maximum number of
    stones in each pile (say 15).
    And I think use of subroutines is important as well.

Any help would be great appreciated.

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Looks like you're being ignored here as well:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/mb...65/the-game-of-nim-in-wombat/?S=B20000#420165

So...why are you posting this? Are you on a course where you've been learning Wombat? Are you expected to have a clue where to start? Have you familiarised yourself with the rules of Nim yet? (It's not a difficult game to play, or to program so that the computer will win if it starts).

If you're not expected to have a clue where to start, then just complain that they're being unreasonable and that should be enough to get you off.

Alternatively, if you do have a clue where to start, start, and work at it - you might surprise yourself and be able to complete it without help, but when you get completely stuck post where you're up to and why you're stuck.

Also, we're general purpose experts here, so you might find you get further in a Wombat-specific group. This isn't a language I've ever heard of.