Freelance web design site stolen

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by brian, Jan 7, 2007.

1. brian

brian New Member

I just finished a long web design project for a client, and he refuses to pay me. When I call he hangs up, and he doesn't respond to my emails. I thought it was a small project, so I never bothered with a contract, but it ended up being much larger than I expected. I requested invoices multiple times, but he kept replying that the check was in the mail, and made excuses when I didn't recieved it.

Is there any way to get the payment legally? I don't have a contract, but I have all the emails with all the payment details, invoices, agreements, etc. Will this hold up in court? Is small claims court the best option? Or do I not have a legal leg to stand on because I don't have a contract?

Thanks for your help, and have a great day.

2. alexandaria

alexandaria New Member

what is the site address that u have made

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You will be wasting more time and money than the money you will get because of the emails, invoices ... Unless you have the contract you should just have couple of things to learn.

1. Never do the job without the initial pay or an escrow from a third party.
    2. If you do the job have the contract.

Now the only thing you can contrate is have something (cracking) to delete everything on his server.

4. tsalexey544

tsalexey544 New Member

shabbir is right.....

ALWAYS ASK FOR ESCROW!!!!!!!