Finding all pages within a site?

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by da6shar, Nov 4, 2006.

1. da6shar

da6shar New Member

How would I go about finding all "/_____.htm" pages within a site, where '_____' would be replaced by the page's filename?

For example, say all I knew was "google.com". How would I find every ".htm" page that existed on Google.com, such as "google.com/index.htm", "google.com/games.htm", etc.?

Is there a program that can do this for me? Thanks!

2. jamieplucinski

jamieplucinski New Member

There are several web spider tools, or site backup tools that follow links on pages to create a site map. Aside from this I don't see any other option without either A) Finding a site hosted by someone who has turned directory listing on, and not set a default document (always fun) B) Typing common names for site map files that could be filled with goodies. or C) Take a look at the source of a web page, you'll often find includes (CSS, IFRAMES, JS) or HTML comments that can lead you to potential treasure troves. You could also try running a Google search for inurl:whatever.com which will then bring up a list of everything Google has found and indexed in their intensive and extensive site crawling.

3. carastas

carastas New Member

4. evileye

evileye New Member

inurl: www.site.com

will do the trick !

wre : www.site.com is the page u want to search..... works if the site is indexed by google bot