1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?

Discussion in 'Database' started by karthikaqpt, May 23, 2016.

1. karthikaqpt

karthikaqpt New Member

Working in Quality Point Technologies http://www.q
    Home Page:
    I want to learn Database, some of my friends are suggesting SQL and Oracle, would like to know which is the best one?
    and tell me What is the difference between SQL and Oracle?

2. Louis Zorbas

Louis Zorbas New Member

Your question is like asking the difference between a Ford and a Toyota truck. They both provide a comprehensive set of server-hosted and client-hosted SQL engines, tools, interfaces and support utilities to manage databases. Ignore the marketing hype and look for long-term cost-benefit analysis. Often the biggest cost is finding competent developers, DBAs and architects that are intimately familiar with the chosen DBMS. Today they're functional equivalent but very, very different in many respects. Before you choose, consider what you already know and don't have to re-learn to use the target DBMS.

3. Sankalp Patil

Sankalp Patil New Member

There are a lot of different relational database management systems (RDBMS). You may heard about Microsoft Access, Sybase, and MySQL but the two most famous and widely used are MS SQL Server and Oracle. Language: Probably, the most obvious difference between the two RDBMS is the language they use.