Designing 2 player Pacman game with Unix Api

Discussion in 'C' started by aphex21, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aphex21

aphex21 New Member

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have a university assignment in which I need to program a 2 player pacman game, using C and the Unix operating system. If more than 2 users have typed the command to run the program/s the users must wait in FIFO fashion until the current game ends, and then a new one starts. How can I divide this program into different files? could I have a map file which is shared, and a program file which reads the map file and moves the pacman? how can these be synchronised for a 2 player game with 2 different user IDs? regarding the graphics the ncurses library has to be used. Can you please help me out in how I could program this game and what IPCs (Sockets are not allowed) I can use to synchronise the processes for the 2 players since I am new to C and Unix? I have attached a file which better describes what is required. Please can someone help me

2. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

You already have the same thread once here. Avoid creating the same thread more than once. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.