C++ String to Const Char

Discussion in 'C++' started by CzechRock3, Aug 29, 2010.

1. CzechRock3

CzechRock3 New Member

So I am programming a binary to decimal conversion program... But the twist is, I want to Convert my input string to a const char, and from the const char I want to convert it to an integer... Because I can not just convert a string directly to a integer.

My issue is, I want to get the length of the users input... Basically, if I input 111 the length would be 3, but later I want to input 111111 the length would be 6. I don't want the length to be predefined. From there I want to then place the seperate digits into an integer array, so that I can put it through my algorythm. Without knowing the length length of the input it becomes usless... lol.

My problem occurs when I am trying to convert a specific character in the string to an integer for storage in the array... I don't know if its possible, and if not I would gladly appreciate an alternative method of conversion without length limits.