Counter-Strike at School

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by LankyJon, Nov 29, 2007.

1. LankyJon

LankyJon New Member

Ok, theoretical question here.
    Let's say, theoretically, that I am trying to put counter strike on my school's computers. Now, let's say, theoretically, I have administrator access to a local computer. Would I need to get a password to the domain controller to add items onto the domain desktop? And, if so, is there a way to recover a domain password without access to the actual domain machine?

2. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    Well, if you want to change some thing remotely on any computer you will mostly need an administrator password, but you can also do that with another account, depending on the policy of that account. Yes you can recover a password remotely if you use another computer on the same network. Get cain & abel from Http://www.oxid.it. the new version is v4.9.9, or you can use ophcrack from http://www.ophcrack.org and then use cryptanalysis with ophcrack tables or rainbow tables, I prefer ophcrack tables because they are more compact then those of rainbowtables and very very very effective. Some tables can crack 14 charachter passwords in seconds consisting of this charachter set: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890!@#$%^&*()~_+=- now, that comes with 99% success probability. You can also use that same method with cain and abel.

Astalavista!