Change TabControl Tab Font without changing whats in tab

Discussion in 'C#' started by jgvicke, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jgvicke

jgvicke New Member

I have run across an odd problem with the TabControl. If you change the font of the TabControl (only wanting to change the font of the tab text themselves) it changes the font of everything in the page.

You can see this effect easily, create a new form, drop a tab control on the form, and drop a label onto the visible tab page.

Select the tab at the top to select the entire tab control, in the properties manager change the font size to some large value. You will see that the font of the tabs gets bigger, but so does the label font.

I know you can override the draw with a custom tab which should fix this, but I like the way the default tabs look. If someone has the code to make a custom tab look like the default, but let me override the font that it draws, that would be one ideal solution. The most Ideal solution would be to somehow change the tab font without effecting everything in the page.

Thanks,

John Vickers