Anyone need a challenge?

Discussion in 'Visual Basic ( VB )' started by gentoo bob, Sep 23, 2007.

1. gentoo bob

gentoo bob New Member

Can anyone put this into a VB 2005 console application? I'm not a programmer, I'm just trying to help a friend who was challenged by some jerk teacher to see if he could get this done by tomorrow. Please post the solution. Much THANKS!

Develop a program that determines whether a department store customer has exceeded the credit limit on a charge account. For each customer, the following facts are available:
    a) Account Number.
    b) Balance at the beginning of the month.
    c) Total of all items charged by this customer this month.
    d) Total of all credits applied to this customer's account this month.
    e) Allowed credit limit.
    The program should input the account number as an Integer, but use Doubles for the other variables. The program should calculate the new balance (= beginning balance + charges - credits), display the new balance and determine whether it exceeds the customer's credit limit. For customers whose credit limit is exceeded, the program should display the message, "Credit limit exceeded." Use a sentinel value of -1 for the account number to terminate repetition.

2. gentoo bob

gentoo bob New Member

Wow, 23 people viewed this thread and no one responded. In fact, I posted this thread on 5 different forums and only one forum actually gave me a response to what my friend needed and you know what? it wasnt even a programmers forum, it was my linux forum!!!! This forum and the three other programmers forums had a lot of "viewers" but no one responded. And just not my forum but I looked at other users posts and hardly anyone responds. One of the threads had 105 views and only 2 replies. Thats horrible. And the problem ended up being something simple. I guess when you program your on your own. That's pretty sad. With as many programmers out there you'd think they were willing to help.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

We are willing to help who help themselves and show some more respect in writing the code themselves. As said by you we help but not by completing the complete assignments and challenge received by you and your friends.

4. gentoo bob

gentoo bob New Member

1) you look mean, and I don't expect much help out of you.

2) if you noticed what I typed in my own reply is that it was not only my thread that no one replied.

3) Wheres the love? I think you need to put your controlling nature behind you and just feel the love and help a brother out. God loves you child.

5. shabbir

Just remember God Helps Those Who Help Themselves

6. gentoo bob

gentoo bob New Member

Amen to that! I was just trying to help a friend out. He had done some of it himself and just wanted to know if he was doing it right or if not, where should he begin. I was just wanting advice for the guy. I did not know that programmers don't like to give you 100% the answer. I've been involved in a lot of forum communities, especially linux communities and people are always willing to solve your problem for you or at least help. No one from this forum or other even tried to help or ask what is I wanted from them.

7. shabbir

If he has done anything it does not reflect in the post and if somebody in this or other forum has not responded to your post does mean they thought you are asking complete task out of someone and I am glad that linux forums guys did the job for you but you should remember they are not there to be doing that. Its your friend who has taken the challenge up.

8. Dean_X

Dean_X New Member

That is because programmers are so dam arrogant and think they are so above reproach. I am a student and no way in heck am I going to be a programmer. A couple of my instructors are programmers and they absolutely suck at teaching. It boils down to the fact that since they cant teach it, they arrogantly hold it over your head as if they are some kind of god.