C# OpenGl, tao framework rendering problem

Discussion in 'C++' started by banspad, Nov 7, 2010.

1. banspad

banspad New Member

I am using visual studio 2010, C# openGl with tao framework, and was wondering why I have to publish my program everytime I want the SimpleOpenGlControl to render something, if I simple run the program in visual studio it gives me a messed up image a link to what I am talking about is here,

link-->tinypic.com/r/2m6jzas/7

but if I publish the program it renders just fine, I have no clue what the problem is, I don't think it is related to code, but maybe viusal studio? Any information would be valued, thanks banspad

2. go4expert

go4expert Moderator

Your uploaded screenshot is not clear. It is all jumbled up.

3. banspad

banspad New Member

Correct that is what happens when I simply run the program through visual studio, if I want the picture to not be jumbled I have to publish my app then it runs fine

4. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

Is it the case that when you publish it is build in release mode but when you run through visual studio it runs in debug mode?

5. banspad

banspad New Member

Ya, do you think that in debug mode my program isn't gaining access to my graphics card, thus causing it to scramble my image? I guess I have little experience in creating apps that use the graphic card, and thus don't know how it works very well.

6. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

No the issue is not with the access but may be speed. Debug mode has lot of traces and other commands which are taking time to render than in the release mode.

7. banspad

banspad New Member

That maybe is the case, but even when I am only rendering a single triangle, I still get the problem, even though that probably doesn't affect much, so maybe my processor is just a little too slow to run in debug mode, thanks for your responses

8. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

I guess it is not about the processor but may be your graphics card. This is my wild guess only.

9. banspad

banspad New Member

Ya I tried to develop XNA, and it turned out that my graphics card is not good enough to even run anything because of the shader or something(remember I am very inexperienced with this stuff), so then I moved on to OpenGl, it really isn't a huge deal, because publishing the app isn't that difficult to do, and it isn't that time consuming, I was just trying to make life a little easier, but thanks for spending time to help :)

10. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

The pleasure is all mine.